Toronto Privacy Lawyers
Helping businesses and corporations comply with their privacy obligations.
Privacy and Data Protection Lawyers
The rules and regulations regarding client privacy in Canada are frequently changing to adapt to changing political priorities and new technologies. Thus, business owners and corporations need to be aware of these changing requirements to comply.
At Roberts and Obradovic, we keep our clients updated on the changes in legislation and their legal obligations as commercial entities. Our experienced attorneys help corporations and business owners comply with these regulations by creating customized policies that protect their clients’ privacy. We represent our clients in various activities, such as:
- Dealing with government agencies
- Taking care of complaints or privacy inquiries
- Preparing legal compliance documentation
- Privacy Law Advisory
Data Privacy and Technology Legislation
Our lawyers at Roberts and Obradovic carry on different responsibilities and tasks in helping clients comply with the existing privacy laws. Some of these tasks include:
- Preparing privacy policies
- Helping them implement appropriate privacy practices
- Conducting privacy audits
- Resolving complaints about privacy
- Providing advice on the authorized collection, disclosure, and use of personal information
- Upholding laws with regard to the Freedom of Information and Protection Privacy Act
- Representing our clients regarding the filing or response to privacy complaints under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- Making sure our clients understand their compliance and obligations under different Canadian legislation on privacy, such as:
- Personal Health Information Protection ACT (PHIPA)
- Privacy Act
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)
Contact Our Toronto Privacy Lawyers at Roberts & Obradovic
Ignorance is not bliss when it comes to the law. If you are not sure whether you have complied or broken any privacy laws, give us a call now at at (647) 724-5179 or fill out our contact form.
Our privacy lawyers are here to assist you.